View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
BMW_Hatchback

I have a 96, and I bought DEPO Euro Ellipsoids. One of the clips broke immediately, but I can assure you that no matter what brand, the clips will hate you. However, the whole assembly has been solid, other than one dead 55w ballast within months. The output of the DEPO EURO Ellips. are fantastic, and the adjusters don't strip easily like my old stock headlights. Once I got them in there, they fill perfectly from the nose to the hood. Make sure you order for sedan. They also left minimal gap, and my stock headlights left a gap I could stick my finger through. I recommend any of the three options of headlights. 5000k is perfect, and they will send you slim ballasts anyway. Either get the Ultra HD angel eyes (60 LEDs) or get thinlines to keep it clean. My buddy has thinlines, and they look more OEM than anything with a pure white soft glow.

I wouldn't recommend going above 8000k, and I would stick with 35w ballasts. I have 12000k 55w ballasts, and apparently I still blind people after adjusting them multiple times. good luck, and let us know your final decision before you buy.

*random tip: if at any point you are pushing the headlight in with all of your might and strength, something is wrong, and something is bound to break.
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote