View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
BMW_Hatchback

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodcutr View Post
That clears up one of the questions I had. I was wondering why the 98 would need two FPR, but apparently the 98 is on the chassis and the 96 is on the fuel rail. Could you tell me where the vacuum line connects to from the 96 FPR to what and where?

It is looking more and more like I need to use the 96 harness and DME to simplify this installation. Am I going to lose the 98 traction control by doing this? Did the 96ti have traction control capability? Is the traction control even worth having...most people hate it right?
the vacuum line plugs into a nipple on the intake manifold under the throttle bottle. Use the 98 harness, no point in going through that headache. You will lose ASC most likely anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodcutr View Post
Shouldn't I just use the 96 antenna ring and key in the ash tray and leave the 98 keys and locks all the same. This way I am using the 96 DME and EWS module and the antenna ring in the ash tray would allow the car to start with the 98 key in the ignition. Maybe it would be even better to just swap all key cylinders so the 96 key will work everywhere, even in the ignition.
antenna ring in the ignition won't make a difference, only the chip in the key and the EWS module in the glovebox, and DME. The antenna ring is not code specific like the chip and DME and EWS is, most guys don't touch the ring as it's not exclusive to the original chip
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote