View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #62
BMW_Hatchback

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
Yo Ced, when do you think you are going to start the swap? Once you get the trans? You trying to meet up before the surgery begins????

I'll be down that way over the summer so just give me a call if you want some help with anything.
I am planning on starting early July if I can, the trans should be here next week. We should meet up soon let everyone know.

Quote:
Whole shafts including the flanges. I used shafts from an e30 325i. The 325 and 325e shafts may be different, but they should be the same overall length from end to end with flanges.

The biggest problem I ran into was getting the diff to line up properly. I eventually got it, but it was a pain. My plan is to cut a hole into the trunk above the two rear bolts so that I can get to them easier. I'm hoping that will allow for faster, easier changes in the future if I want to change ratio's for the track or better mileage.
Alright I see what you mean. Jean H also used the 325 shafts and stuff and his worked out fine, so that seems to be the way to go. The 325i and 325e are pretty decently even, but the shafts are different lengths, which doesn't pose as a immediate thread, I'm just being picky and what everything to match as good as possible. Overall they are pretty even from end to end. If you haven't already, do a write up on the cutout you have in mind for the trunk, and thanks for sharing this valuable information to clear up this confusion.
BMW_Hatchback is offline   Reply With Quote