Last post by H4MMY
06-04-2024 07:15 AM
212 Replies, 1,540,848 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 07-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #16
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialMotorsports View Post
Good thing we offer the aftermarket projectors and corner lights for the 318Ti too!
OK let's get some deals going. What can you offer for a complete plug and play. pre-assembled kit for headlights without corners? I'd want
~ 4500k projectors
~ black housings and glass lenses of course (euro spec)
~ lifetime warranty
~ matching temp fog bulbs.
~ pics of course to know what I'm getting.
~ Confirmation this be compatible with the Dinan cold air intake I have (which is routed down behind and below the headlights)? I can supply pics of the intake or maybe your pics will be enough for me to determine.

I've been holding off waiting for a good deal. BTW who makes the housings, China, Germany, etc?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #17
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

It would also be nice to know if the headlights have replaceable lenses. My Depos had removable lenses, however you couldn't buy them separately.

I may be interested in 2 sets of buckets and 2 sets of HIDs. Whatcha got?

'99 Dinan M3
Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #18
Meyers318TI

Do you guys sell anything else for the TI or just lighting? like performance parts or areodynamics?
Old 07-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #19
Viper3812

I'll be in for a set of HID's. Our fogs are for H1 right?

List:

1. Viper3812 - 6000k H1

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Old 07-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #20
ATF

With a little further research I stumbled across another site that posed some new questions and answered my warranty question.

Are the kits the larger ballasts or smaller slim ballasts?
What is the life expectancy of both the bulbs and ballasts and does the warranty cover past their life expectancies in terms of replacement (When getting the lifetime warranty)?
You mention that the warranty is backed both by you and the manufacturer, I'm assuming that's true for both the 1 year warranty and the lifetime warranty?
What kind of installation instructions/support comes with the purchase?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just like to know all the details before making an investment

BMWCCA #403399
2012 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 6-Speed
Loaded
2001 325xi, Winter Package, 5-Speed
Traded
1998 318ti, Active, Automatic, TOTAL LOSS R.I.P. 10/20/08
Bilstein Sport Shocks/Struts . H&R Sport Springs . Strut Reinforcement Plates . RSM Reinforcement Plates . Fogg Airbox . X-Brace . Bosal Brospeed Catback
Old 07-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #21
96cali

I think a lot of us would like full pics and specs.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 PM   #22
DustenT
doesn't care about you.

Just FYI...it looks like Potential Motorsports also uses the username justins6s on other forums. Just checking to make sure this is legit.

Details!!

'99 Dinan M3
Old 07-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #23
trickiekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
Just FYI...it looks like Potential Motorsports also uses the username justins6s on other forums. Just checking to make sure this is legit.

Details!!

Yes, he also uses justins6 as his personal s/n in others forums. Potential Motorsports was just "Officially" formed in the last few weeks. He hasn't been able to get on to respond, he should later on tonight to answer all of the questions. I can vouch (for what ever that counts with everyone here) for him. I have know just for over 10 years. He is EXTREMELY PASSIONATE about HID'S and lighting. I brought him over to this forum (after asking one of the moderators) after seeing some of the products (Eagle) that very given to everyone as a "deal". We should be putting a pair on my car shortly. It would be sooner but my 318ti was intended to be my commuter car, not one for me to start to put money into (its an addiction) But until I can convince my wife to give me a little more allowance, I will have to revert back to the old fashioned ways and save. Like I said, i can try to answer questions. Just to let you all know, I am trying to get him to sell more bimmer parts (lighting for now). So any suggestions, shot them to him, he is really open and will work for everyone here.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:02 AM   #24
Cutie_Pinoy

Hello, I've been looking around from forum to forums, i've heard negative feedback about Xtec, isn't Apexcone make those. I'm just a lil carefully of buying Hid kits, what i heard so far is that Xtec Lifetime warranty not worth it, because some customer complained that they been trying to reach or call them about their kit being broke and they don't get any respond or call back, from Apexcone company. I'm just curious what make This warranty worth it now?? Let just say I buy this kits from you and my Ballast broke like in 2 or 3 years from now, and call you guys, how would i know if you guys gonna respond back or not? Is the warranty worth it?? I just wants to hear what you got to say that all. Oh and by the way my cousin had the Xtec which was made from Apexcone, he had them like 04 i think or 05 don't know, But he didn't get anything from Apexcon. He got the lifetime warranty too, so he bought different Hid kits from different company. What make this Apexcone special now??
Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 AM   #25
PotentialMotorsports

Here are a few answers to everyone's questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96cali View Post
~ 4500k projectors
~ black housings and glass lenses of course (euro spec)
~ lifetime warranty
~ matching temp fog bulbs.
~ pics of course to know what I'm getting.
~ Confirmation this be compatible with the Dinan cold air intake I have
I've been holding off waiting for a good deal. BTW who makes the housings, China, Germany, etc?
Currently, Apexcone uses Depo headlights w/black bezels (until they release their own headlights). Life time warranty is available on all kits 35watt or 50watt. Color match Halogens are available only in 4200K. Pictures are soon to come, as we stated we are a brand new company and this is our FIRST group buy so please be patient.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:26 AM   #26
PotentialMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustenT View Post
It would also be nice to know if the headlights have replaceable lenses. My Depos had removable lenses, however you couldn't buy them separately.

I may be interested in 2 sets of buckets and 2 sets of HIDs. Whatcha got?
Two buckets?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:30 AM   #27
PotentialMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
Are the kits the larger ballasts or smaller slim ballasts?
What is the life expectancy of both the bulbs and ballasts and does the warranty cover past their life expectancies in terms of replacement (When getting the lifetime warranty)?
You mention that the warranty is backed both by you and the manufacturer, I'm assuming that's true for both the 1 year warranty and the lifetime warranty?
What kind of installation instructions/support comes with the purchase?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just like to know all the details before making an investment
Both ballasts are available but the slim ballats are higher in price. Life time warranty will cover you for LIFE. Each bulb and ballast is logged with Apexcone before being sent out and is registered with the warranty.
When we stated that he warranty is backed by both Apexcone as well as our company we meant that the warranty is honored by us but is registered with Apexcone. Support is offered from both Potential Motorsports as well as Apexcone and yes they come with easy to install instructions.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 AM   #28
PotentialMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutie_Pinoy View Post
Hello, I've been looking around from forum to forums, i've heard negative feedback about Xtec, isn't Apexcone make those. I'm just a lil carefully of buying Hid kits, what i heard so far is that Xtec Lifetime warranty not worth it, because some customer complained that they been trying to reach or call them about their kit being broke and they don't get any respond or call back, from Apexcone company. I'm just curious what make This warranty worth it now?? Let just say I buy this kits from you and my Ballast broke like in 2 or 3 years from now, and call you guys, how would i know if you guys gonna respond back or not? Is the warranty worth it?? I just wants to hear what you got to say that all. Oh and by the way my cousin had the Xtec which was made from Apexcone, he had them like 04 i think or 05 don't know, But he didn't get anything from Apexcon. He got the lifetime warranty too, so he bought different Hid kits from different company. What make this Apexcone special now??
To give a little more background on the Xtec/Apexcone company......Xtec was the original name of the company before it was found that another manufacturer was printing products with that name on it illegally. Apexcone reacted with developing a new company name "Apexcone". More info can be found here

www.apexcone.com
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 AM   #29
PotentialMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper3812 View Post
I'll be in for a set of HID's. Our fogs are for H1 right?

List:

1. Viper3812 - 6000k H1
Thanks, Viper we will add your name to our first post and continue to update as more people commit to the GB, we assume you want the 35watt kit with a 1 yr warranty? Yes, the fogs lights are H1.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #30
Viper3812

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotentialMotorsports View Post
Thanks, Viper we will add your name to our first post and continue to update as more people commit to the GB, we assume you want the 35watt kit with a 1 yr warranty? Yes, the fogs lights are H1.
Correct.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...er3812/Sig.jpg
Closed Thread