318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1995 318i M42 removal of...
05-30-2024 02:07 AM
Last post by BertrandP102
05-30-2024 02:07 AM
0 Replies, 450 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
05-28-2024 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 2,341 Views
E30 trailing arms
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 459 Views
OMG!OMG!
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 667 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,551 Views
View Poll Results: Your Views On Cops?
Like Them 21 21.21%
Hate Them 31 31.31%
Neutral 47 47.47%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 08-03-2008, 04:59 AM   #76
elchicano

I know what you mean. Like when i got pulled over for the plate delete on my bumper. I still had my licence plate on my dash. I was driving the speed limit. The reason was for not having a plate. Which i think is a sorry excuse. I do get tailed by cops, alot. But most of them don't have an excuse to stop me so they don't.

Instead of following me they should be patrolling my neighborhood, especially with some of the crime. Also with all the issues with illegal immigrants i have seen cops pay more attention to me. I may just be paranoid, but like i said they don't have an excuse to pull me over so they don't. Except for the plate delete, but my excuse of it being expensive at the dealer has worked pretty good, well at least for now.

318ti.org on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/318tiorg/127481623988696
elchicano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #77
spidertri

Vehicles

Personally, both times I have been pulled over and was actually guilty of something (speeding, both times), I got lucky I guess, because the first cop let me off with a warning and the second knocked about 30mph off of the speed that I was doing.

However, I was once pulled over late at night on the way home from the movies for no reason other than the cops thought I may have been drinking, I wasn't and they had no reason to pull me over so they made up something about my license plate light being out (it wasn't) and let me go.

For a few years I worked at a fuel dock in Baltimore and the marine police would come over every few days to fill up their boats and they would just BS with me and tell me all kinds of crazy stories, really nice guys who just had to put on a tough-guy attitude when on the job.

I guess it just shows that it really depends on the cops you interact with what your view is on them. I have read a lot of horror stories when it comes to the police, but rarely read about really nice cops who give you no reason to dislike them.

Sorry for the novel, lol.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #78
M-technik-3

Vehicles

Neutral to a degree on the subject, most of the time they are just doing their job. But I have had some disagreements with tactics of Mass State troopers and enforcement of Noise laws.

HD's get away with huge noisy pipes and my swapped E30 with 90mm remus which is quieter than my e30 M3 loves to get pulled over. Why shiney rear tipes that are big, and a half cage, yet my car is not licensed in this state so it doesn't need comply with the state's BS rules. It complies with the state it's registered in....Been given two tickets for having an aftermarket exhaust in Mass a law which doesn't exist. Insert _____ explictive here, so I call my friend who is a LT in the MSP and ask to get it tossed which he does as he knows I'll just ask for a court date and reschedule it with Military time for months tying up that officers time.

Yes BS way of doing it but it works.
M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #79
thekid.

I think cops just fell victim to the changes in society,
Like alot of other occupations. When a cops only job is to
prevent crime, protecting and serving a city of honest people
is a humble living. But when times change and cops are forced to
meet certain quota's thier goals and objectives change. If you know
your job is in danger by not giving out a sufficient amount of tickets
or tracking down enough crime, it becomes easy to go looking for crime.
And when looking for crime becomes to hard its just as easy to
go and make crime. If that makes any sense at all... Ive always had bad experiences with police as a defendent. And when a guy tried to sell me crack outside of my house while I am with my 3 yearold daughter I call the police and tell them the story and that he went inside my nieghbors house, I get a simple "okay sir, we will have an officer come through the area." When I told him specifically that he wasnt outside........ he was in a house. sorry. end rant.
thekid. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:28 AM   #80
thekid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
I finally just said that he had been three lanes over and recklessly swerved across traffic to get behind me and illegally followed me into Iowa. After that he just walked away and came back with a warning. That wasnt my first experience like that either.
I also had an experience like this, I was driving in Heavy traffic in a 40mph
zone, I was doing 55, but so were there 50 cars in front and behind me.
I saw the cop out of the corner of my eye sitting on a side road.
He caught up to me about 3 miles down the road pulls me over and asks how fast i thought i was going, i told him i wasnt sure. He tells me it was 50 in a 40, cops use this tactic alot, they ask you how fast you were going and when you tell them a number over the posted limit, you are automatically guilty.
In pennsylvania it is illegal for a local cop to operate a radar gun, but he
said he clocked me with the gun, up until this point he was a complete douchebag. And then i asked to see the gun, he gave me a bunch of good ol' cop lines about disrespect and everything and i asked him again nicely to see the gun. He walked away and came back 10 mins later with a warning and told me to never speak to someone who puts thier life on the line daily to protect you. I just said "will do chief" and drove away.

sorry for the double post im bored at work and was reading through the whole thread.
thekid. is offline   Reply With Quote