05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by Jclare318ti
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
0 Replies, 615 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 07-12-2005, 06:24 PM   #16
cali-ti
aka Stabby

rash ... is that an actual pic of you in your avatar? booyah!
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #17
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-ti
rash ... is that an actual pic of you in your avatar?
Yeah, for better or for worse... that's my mug. I've still got the shirt too. LOL Hopefully, one day I'll be able to replace that with a pic of my 318ti.

Quote:
booyah!
I have no idea what that means, so I'll just smile... ... and assume it's a compliment of some sort.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #18
cali-ti
aka Stabby

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-weet!

be nice to find a sport since you get the m-tech body pieces, otherwise i don't think the spring/suspension mods are not something you couldn't accomplish quite easily with aftermarket pieces. buying and getting body pieces shot to match your current paint would be tougher. my friend keeps telling me not to even bother getting my dents (not too bad) removed because you'll never do better than the original factory paint. with 210k on it, i guess i'm in no rush to try to make it look like a show car anyway.
current mods: bilstein sports, bavauto springs, e30 m3 LCABs, solid metal ball joints, bavauto RSMs w/reinforcements, e30 3.73 LSD & halfshafts, supersprint cat-back exhaust, turner rear sway bar reinforcements, IE poly subframe & RTABs + camber/toe kits, powdercoated e36 32x front calipers, sport mirrors, H&R 28mmF/19mmR sway bars, x-brace, auto solutions SSK w/poly bushing upgrade, BMW CD43 head unit, DICE HD Radio w/iPod integration and "stealth" HD antenna, staggered style 68s, orange electronic TPMS, leather arm rest, JT Designs metal undertray

acquired and awaiting install: heated seat kit, cali top switch relo, lumbar support kit, park distance control kit, heated washer nozzle kit, m-coupe rear subframe, trailing arms, differential, and halfshafts, m-coupe front/rear brakes with master cylinder, under hood light kit, mud flaps, rear sun blind, auto-dimming rear view mirror, tilt steering wheel retrofit, apexcone 5000K HIDs with 55W ballasts

2002 X5 4.4 Sport Package, 53.5k miles
Current Mods: e46 m3 steering wheel
Old 07-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #19
roadrash

Vehicles

Quote:
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-weet!
Huh? I have no idea how to interpret that. LOL

I suppose I "could" find a Base/Active model and add the Sport body/suspension/interior bits, but that would take too long and cost too much. It hardly seems worth the effort. So I'm still looking... and trying to not invest too much in the Honda to keep it running. heh heh
Old 07-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #20
96cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrash
I'm in lovely Nashville, TN... aka Music City, USA.

But... whatcha got in mind?
I love Nashville! I had a weeks stay there while my wife underwent neurosurgery at Vanderbilt. I have never in my life met more friendly hospital staff or people in general. How'd they let you in?

Well I'm probably looking for a non-sport-enthusiast but mega-fun-enthusiast which is what I was when I bought her in '02. Enthusiasts here and on bf.c tend to be perf oriented and the cali roof is not really performance unless you argue it's some form kind of forced induction. I have slowly upgraded her, but you are correct in waiting if you have sport on the brain. Currently '96 California Edition has a small ailment in the way of a broken rear spring which gives me a good excuse to install the Koni's, OEM sport springs and sways I have in the basement. Wish I had more time to tinker. All my tinkering goes into the house and fatherhood which is what you get when you're 36!

The short of it is a 1996 Cali package, red, stick, 65k, mild appearance upgrades to gray cloth interior, new RE750 tires on 16" OEM sport wheels, upgraded rotors, soon to have sport suspension, snow tires, and some extra stuff. I keep thinking I should sell but find it hard to part with!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	rear_quarter_lores.jpg Views:	106 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	545  

Old 07-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #21
lkwd318ti

Hey man, I just found this one on Bimmerforums...
But yeah...the price is kinda up there and it's really far from you...
Just wanted to let you know just in case you might want it...
Click me

Good luck finding a car

-Randy
Now Featuring:318ti.org sticker Now featuring: Hartge exhaust|Blacked out Grilles|Front Clear Corners or Ambers depending on how I feel|325is vented front brakes|Bilstein Sports|H&R Sports|E46 RSMs w/ Z3 reinforcment plates|16" Style 45s|17" E46 M68 rims|18" Authentic Hartge Classics C|OEM M135 ZHP wheels
and
99 Titan Silver 323is Dinan S1+few more mods
Coming sometime in the future:...SCed 2.1...new (to me) car mod maybe?...all in one car
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 PM   #22
roadrash

Vehicles

Yeah, I saw that one and have already e-mailed the seller... thanks! I thought I saw it here also, but maybe I'm wrong.

He's willing to keep the wheelset and the high-end audio stuff to get the price down a bit, but it's still a bit out of my range... for now. I really don't want to, but maybe I'll just have to do some financing. [sigh]
Old 07-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #23
cvacc411

Default for sale

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=369066

I still have mine available. I'm in the process of changing the clutch. Someone in Daytona Beach is going to come test drive when install is complete. This car will be 100% mechanically sound once clutch is changed. The one reason I'm selling is to open a gelateria in port st. lucie, FL. The other reason is I don't drive it and ride my motorcycle all the time and have a truck for the times it rains. I wouldn't be selling if I didn't have to, a damn fine car I must say.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:45 PM   #24
drhughes

Default 96 ti for sale [maybe . . .]

I'm considering selling my 96ti. Silver, 5 speed, 55K miles, sunroof, cloth interior, tinted windows, alloy wheels, keyless entry, alarm. Has new tires, belts, front brakes. No mods to speak of. I'm in Little Rock, so not too terribly far as these things go. My email is drhughes@hotmail.com if you want more details or a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	318ti.jpg Views:	106 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	560  
Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 PM   #25
roadrash

Vehicles

cvacc411 and drhughes... both of your cars look NICE... and pretty much meed my specs, with one exception: the color. I guess I'm picky... I really want black, but will settle for blue. Please keep me posted on your sales though!

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
Old 07-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #26
Panzer_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996 328ti
If I was buying a ti I'd want a Club Sport just because they were a limited edition. Sagging headliner is pretty normal, not only for the ti. I don't know either of the cars. I also prefer the look of the sport over the non-sports.
I love my club sport.

and I've own two Ti so far. and hope to own some more.

maybe a 2002 Touring somehow
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Old 07-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #27
cleocleo

Default Selling a 98 Boston Green ti

I'm selling my 98 ti, and I think I can hit MOST of your requests: all original (no mods), 5-spoke rims, sunroof, 5 speed, 3 hours from Nashville, 6-CD changer, fog lamps. It has the active package, with a number of the Sport package features as added options (fogs, rims, etc.).

I'm the second owner and bought it in 2000 as Certified Pre-owned from a dealer in Texas. I have all service records. However it's Boston Green (cooler in the summer than black, and easier to keep clean!)

You can e-me at bmaxwellsmith@hotmail.com
Old 07-27-2005, 01:11 AM   #28
caffeinekid

I am selling my red 96' 318ti w/California top (w/slipstreem upgrade), 5 speed, black cloth interior, Kenwood mp3/cd player & XM satellite receiver, 149K miles and 16" wheels for $5000.00.

The overall shape of the car's exterior is good and looks good waxed, but could use paint if you are a perfectionist. The interior is good-very good shape with everything functional. I will be puting a new cat on it (as soon as I can find a Magnaflow) since it is displaying a code and I live in a state that requires emissions inspections. Other than that, it is a great car for $5000.00.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 AM   #29
1996 328ti

Vehicles

For those who have a car for sale, use the for sale section.
BMW CCA #146825
1996 BMW 328ti • 2003 MINI Cooper S • 2016 M235i
www.bmwcca.org
Old 09-08-2005, 01:01 AM   #30
theguy

Default Blue 98 for sale

I think I might have droped you an email already and if so, sorry for the repeat. I am however selling a car that seems to fit all or your specs although I am in California so that might be a bitch. Anywho, it's posted on craigslist for the San Francisco area so you can check it out there ir you're interested or drop me a line directly at maddogward@gmail.com
Closed Thread