318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Anything other than automotive related.

» Recent Threads
1997 318ti under 5000...
10-08-2022 11:52 PM
Last post by kupkake303
06-04-2024 06:01 PM
16 Replies, 31,057 Views
The 318ti OBD-II engine...
10-19-2006 06:48 PM
Last post by H4MMY
06-04-2024 07:15 AM
212 Replies, 1,539,654 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 10-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #1
marleymon

Angry I forgot it was Devil's Night-

So I ran out to my cars looking for my phone charger at 11pm.
No luck, I had to crash because I have to be at UPS at 6 bells.
My cars are right outside my window on the street maybe 20 feet away.
Less than 15 minutes after I turn off the tube, I hear car doors and look out to see an older blazer pulling away. It did cross my mind....my gut was telling me something happened, but I played it off as a neighbor vehicle. ZZZzzz.

2:30 in the morning my mom wakes me saying some people are messing with your cars. (yes -I'm at my mom's- I'm remodeling/tiling the bathroom-)
Of course I fly out thinking I was backed into or something.
I find 4 dudes washing my cars. The cops caught them egging vehicles and now they are making them wash 'em all. They tried the "it wasn't us," "they think we did them all." I said "really? funny I saw your blazer pulling away at 11:30."
I yanked one kid from my ti because he was using a POS scrub sponge to wash it.
I told 'em to GTF outta here before I do something stupid. I could tell they were scared- I knew they did it. One said they got their buddy's up the street.

Anyway - they pummeled both my bmw's. I filled two buckets with hot water and wash soap, most came right off. A city boy rolled by and said he caught them at/near 11:30 and that they have been washing since then-he said nearly 50 total. I explained he should have had them wake the owners and let them (owner) know...more humiliating/better punishment. I remember the days....50 felony counts for being in a truck during a mailbox baseball game. I didn't even get to hit one, but my bud grabbed the bat from my house (dad was a coach).

Back from UPS I still have some cleaning to do, and a squealing belt to fix on the ti. I think it's loose at the power steering pump. When running I can grind a soap bar on the pulley and it goes away, but comes back within miles.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Panzer_M

yea, the Club Sport is residing in the hanger for the week, I can care less about the house paint, but to soil the Ti, that would be grounds for murder on some rednecks in my area.
http://www.cfbmw.org/garage.php?mode=view_vehicle&CID=1
Panzer_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
marleymon

just as I figured- the scrubber they were using fuct my black hood all up.
i'm so pissed right now....I could break some necks...
Old 10-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
bmwracerchick

wow that is awesome how they were caught and had to go back and clean all the cars they vandalized, it sucks that the car got egged but that is so cool how they actually got that kind of punishment. I never heard of such a thing!

I am definetly parking my car at my Boyfriends new apartment. My ex and his friends I know are going to start crap and probably try to destroy the ti in egg matter, so I am parking it at my new boyfriends place, covering it and keeping it there while we go to Halloween Horror Nights tonight (yes I know that is suicide going on halloween lol) Good luck to everyones cars tonight, may the A-holes of halloween night not do something to your homes or you cars.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracerchick View Post
may the A-holes of halloween night not do something to your homes or you cars.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #6
T-Huss

i work overnight at the local mall theres security cameras but that still doesnt mean there not gonna do something im a lil worried. they didnt do nething lastnight but who knows? good luck everyone and be safe
Old 10-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
Philly

go to the cops, tell them that was a piss-poor way of punishing someone because its not as simple as washing any old car, and the owners should have been asked first... if you wash your car the wrong way, you can ruin the paint... which sounds like that happened.
Blame the cops for screwing the paint, not the kids who egged and were forced to wash it. The kids that egged it should have been taking to the police station and charged with vandalism and damage of property. Were the cops even supervising the wash?
Personally, Id be more pissed at randomly seeing some kids wash my car than if they had egged it.

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #8
3DGE

My car is in the garage at night, but tonight I will be at work, so no worries about getting egged
3DGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
jflip2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymon View Post
Seek further into this. Id pursue it, and not be stuck with a damaged hood. Why should your hood be f'd up because some idiots decide to be... well.. idiots. Whether it be the cops or the hillbillies who did it, I would seek some sort of repair. Maybe you can even get enough out of it to get a CF hood =o
Old 10-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
marleymon

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracerchick View Post
wow that is awesome how they were caught and had to go back and clean all the cars they vandalized, it sucks that the car got egged but that is so cool how they actually got that kind of punishment. I never heard of such a thing!
Like I said- the owners should have been told what was going on, even at 12am.
What if it was a new car in the $25k and up range?
I didn't care for the "sneak up and try to clean it before anyone notices" routine.
Picture coming out at 2:30 am and have 4 punks leanin on your ride like they were scrubbin' the floor.
The hood can be fixed. I let the cop know today (since he failed to report anything) he can get the kids to pay up. I never got away with any BS like this when I was in high school, especially when the bored local pd are involved.

the 320 (old re-spray) took some paint damage too from the air born eggs.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
upstatenybimmer

oh man, that sucks brah. id deffinatly go complain to the police about their disciplinary techniques and make someone pay for a good wet sand and buff.

as for your squealing belt, i have the same problem in my pontiac winter beater and my mechanic told me to spray crab cleaner on it. well it took the squeak away but, i ended up needing a new belt after i soaked the cleaner to it everyday. id check your tensioner (sp?) pulley...

i invested in a tippmann 98 custom paintball gun. just as theft deterent so i dont have to worry about anything. now i can retaliate back and not kill anyone. its all in the element of surprise.

http://www.myspace.com/absolutpercussion
upstatenybimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #12
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatenybimmer View Post
my mechanic told me to spray crab cleaner on it.
CRAB CLEANER??? I didn't know that such a thing actually existed!! LOL

I know what ya meant, and I know it was a typo, but man, that's some funny stuff, I don't care who ya are. LOL

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 PM   #13
aceyx

Last night somebody ran over my car. I mean literally, there are shoe prints on my hood.

And two dents in the roof. If I find these kids, it's going to be me, them, and my Husqvarna.