318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Technical, Maintenance and Modifications > Induction

Notices

Induction Superchargers, NO2 and turbos.

» Recent Threads
1995 318i M42 removal of...
Today 02:07 AM
Last post by BertrandP102
Today 02:07 AM
0 Replies, 72 Views
My 318ti build
05-21-2024 04:48 PM
Last post by two30grain
05-28-2024 06:42 PM
1 Replies, 1,977 Views
E30 trailing arms
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
Last post by packratbimmer
05-28-2024 04:43 PM
0 Replies, 247 Views
OMG!OMG!
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
Last post by Kathylaf
05-28-2024 08:53 AM
0 Replies, 426 Views
FS: Racing Dynamics RGR...
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
Last post by 7Senna8
05-24-2024 03:29 AM
0 Replies, 1,253 Views
Closed Thread Share/Bookmark

Old 10-18-2006, 07:57 PM   #346
mohaughn

Damn.. sounds like someone broke into his shop.. Hopefully he had good insurance to cover all of that.. Not that the molds and things of that nature could even be replaced. Damn shame that people have to destroy somebodies business like that.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #347
96cali

damn who he'd piss off? I wonder if he had the tooling data stored digitally so they can send it off to be milled again. Now I'm hoping this gets proven out by next spring. I wish them the best of luck.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #348
E36LUVA

Man that is just f$%&t up. That just set them back months right there. Sounds like someone is trying to sabotage the operation. Lets see if the stuff ends up on Ebay.
92 318I : Cosmo CAI . Custom cat back exhaust . Fan delete mod . 80 stat . Home made wieghted shifter rod . M3 shifter . Momo knob . Bilstien sport dampers . Eibach pro springs . Eibach sway bars . Ebay F&R strut bars . Bmp rear shock mounts . Bmp F&R camber plates and bars . 17X8 BBS Bugatti wheels . 235/40/17 tires . Ebay engel eye head lamp assemblies . Way more to come.........
Old 10-18-2006, 10:47 PM   #349
kelso

fishy situation, why would someone steal all that ****? is it th only hting in the shop? anyways, watch ebay for those twin screws! try to report them if you see one online!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #350
EarthwormJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaughn View Post
Read through the posts. This kit is completely built and ready other than the tuning. The belt alignment and all other parts have been done for awhile now. If tuning was so easy you would see a lot more custom supercharged and turbocharged Ti's. I can think of atleast 1 member building a custom turbo system that blew the motor trying to tune it. Tuning an engine for longevity is not as easy as throwing in a megasquirt and twiddling with the "knobs" until the car seems fast.

Going to a well known tuner and asking them to completely tune a custom system is by no means cheap. I checked in to having a local nationally known supra drag racing shop tune a custom turbo system and they wanted in excess of $1k alone for just the dyno time that they thought it would take. That doesn't take into account the time to analyze the dyno runs and actually change the mappings. I talked to Jim Rowe about how they are doing the m42 2.2 liter conversions and he told me they spent 3 days tuning the first e30 that they did the conversion in. He is hoping to recoup that time/money by selling other m42 2.2 liter conversions and charging 450$ for the ecu. The first customer got a deal on the custom tuning that his car got.
I did read all the posts, the tough physical stuff is done for us if they were to sell the kit sans tuning. I never said it would be cheap or easy but it is a possibility. You just make it sound impossible. There are plenty of people who use megasquirt to tune their bmw engines on bimmerforums. Even a few M42/M44 guys.

Just something the SEAM team should think about if they can't find a tuner.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 AM   #351
HuGo

Did you get those pics dusten? They F*cked up that car badly.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM   #352
mohaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthwormJim View Post
I did read all the posts, the tough physical stuff is done for us if they were to sell the kit sans tuning. I never said it would be cheap or easy but it is a possibility. You just make it sound impossible. There are plenty of people who use megasquirt to tune their bmw engines on bimmerforums. Even a few M42/M44 guys.

Well, I can't blaim Greg for not releasing the kit without proper tuning software. A few people screw up their motors, or get lack luster performance out of the car and then that hurts his reputation. I never said it was impossible, just that it is difficult. And again, if it was so easy, there would be more kits available with custom FI tuning. Why is it that only 1 of the top tuners in the US does custom tuning for m44 engines with a supercharger? And nobody does it for an m42?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #353
pdxmotorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthwormJim View Post

The Megasquirt is Illegal for any road driven vehicle
made after 1975 in most states(All states if you count federal law.).
Yes you can get away with it in some states but to sell a comercial
product in kit form it has to be 50state legal to make
money. Heck a Motec system will run the car too... Still illegal.

Oh well.

Dave
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #354
mss318ti

Hello everyone,

Things are back to normal and we are planning the release shortly for the M44 Supercharger System Stage 1 along with the M44 Multithrottle System. I will post more details later tonight when I have time. Apologies for the delays and set backs.

Greg Scrivner
SCRIVNER BMW Performance
Old 11-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #355
mss318ti

Hello everyone,

The supercharger system has undergone a couple of crucial changes that have allowed us to get to market sooner and also to create a better overall system. First off our tuning line for the M44 is now all interconnected no matter if its naturally aspirated or forced induction. This has allowed us to share components and importantly eliminate cost. The manifold is now cast aluminum and powder coated black except for several raised areas that are left as raw aluminum to mimic the stock valve cover (We are rebuilding the molds for the carbon fiber plenum and these will be available later.). The mounting runners from the head to the manifold on the original setup were simply the multithrottle setups throttle bodies minus machine work and the throttles and we used a single billet throttle at the inlet of the supercharger to create a throttled system. To save money and overall complexity we did away with the single billet throttle and we now use the multithrottles in the supercharger system, this creates several benefits that I will talk about if there is interest. We have also increased the size of the heat exchanger and fluid reservoir to make sure we can cool the coolant even in the most extreme conditions.

To spread cost out for our consumers we have decided that it would be beneficial to make the tuning of the M44 and M42 one line no matter if it is forced induction or naturally aspirated thus the levels have changed to mimic this.

Level 1
-Cold air intake system
-Multithrottle setup with ECU reprogramming.

Level 2
-Non intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with rising rate fuel pressure regulator at 7PSI.

Level 3
-Intercooled twinscrew supercharger system with ECU programming and larger injectors. 10PSI
-Stainless steel cat delete pipe.
-Stainless steel cat back exhaust.

Level 4
-M44 2.1 liter forced induction shortblock. 15+PSI
-M44 2.1 liter naturally aspirated shortblock.

Arranging our tuning program like this has allowed us to spread cost out for the customer and make sure that you can decide exactly how you want your vehicle to be. If there are any questions please let me know and I will check in on the forum reguarly now that things are back up.

Greg Scrivner
SCRIVNER BMW Performance
Old 11-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #356
pnosker

So Level 1 is just CAI with multithrottle + ECU reprogram? No Supercharger?

What are the costs and performance claims for these levels and do you have any power/torque curves? I'm pretty interested, sorry to hear you guys had some problems earlier.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #357
EarthwormJim

Is performance of level 2 about equal to DASC? Are you guys going to get carb certification still?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #358
pnosker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eaton...spagenameZWDVW

Was this stolen from you guys? NIB too!!
Old 11-08-2006, 03:09 AM   #359
mss318ti

Ok I will try and answer some questions.

Prices will be released when we release the product. We just recently recieved our new dyno it is a DYNAPACK 3000 Chassis dyno. This unit bolts directly to the hubs and thus does not have any tire slip so we get an extremely accurate reading, we are still working on climate control so we can get even better readings. Dyno graphs will also be released when we release the product. Level 1 is just a multithrottle setup you dont have to do it it just allows people to spread the cost out more. Level 2 is similar to the DASC but offers a large amount of expandability and also is a little cheaper. Yes we are still going for CARB certification but we will still release before we have it.

No that is not ours but thank you all for looking out! Also with the DYNO we are assembling more equipment to do all of the tuning in house.

Greg Scrivner
SCRIVNER BMW Performance
Old 11-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #360
pnosker

Thanks for the quick response... Glad you guys got a new dyno. What exactly would the multithrottle setup do, essentially slightly more than Dinan software or something of that sort? Also, how much cheaper? Will you guys be willing to do group buys?
Closed Thread