318ti.org forum

Go Back   318ti.org forum > Garage > Lounge

Notices

Lounge Temporary forum until new sections are suggested.

» Recent Threads
1997 318ti under 5000...
10-08-2022 11:52 PM
Last post by kupkake303
06-04-2024 06:01 PM
16 Replies, 34,903 Views
Reply Share/Bookmark

Old 12-19-2006, 04:21 AM   #31
FATHER

My bad ticket was in the fathers day i run over 100mph, the cop stop me and give me some tickets, $500.00 for velocity, 2 of $50.00 for seat belts(my brother), $100.00 for tint the windows 20% and $250.00 for alterate my muffler with racing one. i hate the past fatjers day, then i go to my fathers party and drink one box of beer

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #32
pootie

78 in a 50, and blew .035 (limit for a minor is .02) I was 19 at the time. This was in Ohio, I'm stationed in Georgia (from CA). After the plane ticket and all the fees it was around $2,500.00 and no lisence for 6 months and non-reporting probation for a year (but I was in Iraq the whole time so it was no biggie to me). The bad part is insurance sucks now.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #33
pnosker

Ah, nothing like being ticketed for velocitying.
pnosker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #34
snwbrdrbum10

had my license for going on 5 years, and no tickets to date...i have a lead foot too..so i'm kinda suprised..
Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #35
pootie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdrbum10 View Post
had my license for going on 5 years, and no tickets to date...i have a lead foot too..so i'm kinda suprised..
You str doo lvku.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #36
iananderson02

90 in a 60, no points, no court appearance, no insurance hike, moderate fine (about $300), and a new appreciation for my lawyer friends...

(just glad the cop didn't get me 30 seconds before, i'd be locked up for sure)

1997 318ti sport
1972 2002 sleeper
iananderson02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #37
snwbrdrbum10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootie View Post
You str doo lvku.
Is that a new language from the south? or is that just english? And if it is just english...what does it mean? lol
Old 12-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #38
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwbrdrbum10 View Post
Is that a new language from the south? or is that just english? And if it is just english...what does it mean? lol
It's not a dialect from MY part of the south. I thought it was Klingon. LOL

JMJ

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #39
snwbrdrbum10

LOL...well you never know
Old 12-21-2006, 04:24 AM   #40
Travis

Got pulled over for 35 in a 55 (I-5 north of the checkpoint, south of LA) in an old 356C. We thought we were flyin'... I guess we probably were.

120 in a 40 at 5:00 am on 9 mile road between Havelock NC and nowhere in the SE-R that I had just bought to replace my old Datsun 510 and a bug. That was the day I saw my first ti. A brand-new green one.

The big one:
1968 Mustang GTA 390 convertible. 105 on a gravel road. Since I was throwing more dust than the Nagasaki bomb, it was probably 15 miles before the spinning lights caught up, and by then, he was pissed. The windshield was cracked, my tires were bald (1 ticket for the fronts, and another for the rears) the muffler was loud, one of the turn signals didn't work, a brake light was out... It was a bad day, and I got paper for each item including reckless driving AND exhibition of speed AND something else. He probably would have taken me to jail, but he didn't know exactly how fast I was going, since he didn't have radar, since he was a FREAKING GAME WARDEN!!! The judge threw everything out, but dad was still pissed at me for driving the weld wagon on a public road (we used to buy beaters to haul a gasoline-electric miller welding kit and cutting torch around the farms). I think the Mustang lasted the better part of a year... What would a Cali-special Purple over white GTA 390 convertible be worth these days?

I still get pulled over a lot, but I haven't had a ticket for more than a year now!!!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:48 AM   #41
HuGo

i got pulled over this weekend. Did 55 in a 25 which used to be a 40 street. I told the cop that i wanted to be a police officer and to please not give me a citation cause itll mess up my record and ill never be able to be a great officer like him pulling people over like me. And well, i didnt get the ticket. I was doubling the speed limit and then some, i woulda been f*cked.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:23 AM   #42
pdxmotorhead

Your going straight to hell............

I can't believe he let you off.

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #43
HuGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
Your going straight to hell............

I can't believe he let you off.

Dave
lol, i always wondered if that would work. I always thought of using it. And i always thought they would respond back "i wouldnt want no dumbass drivers like you in the force" or something like that. Well its not like i was driving crazy and cutting people off and sh!t. I was just going a little fast thats all. Maybe he said f*ck it.

[SIZE="4"]///M7
DASC TT Stg 3 Delete! S52 Powered!
Not Your Usual Ti, Twice As Fast Than Most

BMW ///Motorsport...

It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. It is musclepacked, yet lightly wound. It lets you feel the asphalt and get you going with the smallest touch of the pedal. It provokes, seduces, and demands to be driven hard. It looks, sounds, and smells like performance.
HuGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #44
FATHER

hi guys, yesterday i receive other ticket, this time is for the windows films, i have 20% on all windows, and thePuerto Rico laws only accept 40%, so the policeman givme a ticket for $200.00 or remove my tint, so i want to pay because y pay $160.00 for the window tint about 6 months ago.m

Mods: Some plastic parts, ///M Wheels and me
FATHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:42 PM   #45
G.T.

126 in a 40
fleeing & attempting to elude
reckless driving
driving w/out license

I had just moved to this country and forgot that I could no longer grease some palms and get away without any problems. Big mistake. I had several of Montgomery County’s finest chasing me and while I totally lost the guy who got me on radar, the other cars had set-up a road block on one of the side roads where I thought I could escape. You can outrun a car, but you can't outrun radio.

All in all, it cost me several hours at the Four Seasons on Seven Locks Rd. (handcuffed to a table like some criminal ), over $3k for tickets, bail and including lawyer’s fees, getting my bike out of the impound yard, plus a week of community service at a local church.
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote